Friday 12 April 2013

Kind of a Big Deal



Woop. Back in school, back in the classroom. For all that I go on about the annoyances of work and life in Japan, they are no more or less prevalent than they would be anywhere else, doing almost anything else. Truth is I love the important parts of my job and life in general is pretty good.
  
So that’s all you’re getting today. No long Friday post because I’ve been having too much fun this week. Well, curriculum planning isn’t fun, exactly, but the results it produces when done properly really are. Plus, y’know, actually teaching and stuff. The new first year students with their tiny little faces all shiny with anticipation, excitement, and nerves.


Now is when you get them folks - get the first few weeks right and the rest of the year is as good as sold. Woop, and once again, woop.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck polishing those faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tears add an extra sheen. I tell myself they're tears of joy...

      Delete
  2. Set the tone...the table, whatever you wanna call it....the beginning is going to determine your mental quality of life for the next year. Make it work...make them work.

    I'd say "Good luck" but if "luck" is what is needed your in trouble.

    So I wish you...um...."good ass kickingness teacherization of the we need better fucking English teaching nation...izoid...ingness" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

      I won't deny the occasional encounter with serendipity, but it's odd how the the lessons I prep in more detail usually go better than those I don't. Go figure...

      Delete
  3. It's great to hear someone NOT bitching about teaching. Enjoy your start of teaching year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's taken a while to get here, but I'm in a pretty good place right now.

      Delete